Steel flexible joint is also called clamp, open expansion joint, steel flexible pipe joint. Steel flexible joint is a kind of pipe connection, reliable performance, easy to install products. At low pressure, by the elastic deformation of the sealing ring, to achieve the purpose of sealing; When the pressure increases, the medium acts on the sealing ring to play the role of self-sealing, and there is a gap between the pipe ends to compensate for the displacement and deflection of the pipe caused by thermal expansion and cold contraction.
The working temperature of the clamp joint is generally -30ºC-+130ºC. The medium property is weak acid, weak alkali and lubricating oil range can be applied. If beyond the above range can also provide our company with the nature of the medium parameters or optional parameters or optional specified rubber ring material. In addition to the connection function, the joint can also provide compensation, withstand axial force, provide Angle, reduce vibration wave, adapt to the change of foundation.
The advantages of clamp joint:
1 Clamp joint has good continuity, will not produce distortion, easy to achieve the ideal laying state.
2 Clamp pipe joint in a free state, do not bear the weight of the pipe, not subjected to external shear, especially DN200 pipe diameter, more must consider the weight of the pipe.
3. It is easy to keep the coaxial position when installing the clamp joint to ensure the uneven distribution of the radial clearance between the inner diameter of the pipe clamp and the outer diameter of the pipe. The rubber ring will be deformed under high pressure due to the large local clearance, which will affect the sealing effect and even destroy the rubber ring.
4. It is suitable for the application in the subsidence zone, which can reduce the Angle between the pipe segments caused by the subsidence of the support pier.
5 is conducive to pipeline maintenance. Turn the pipe, save labor and effort when changing the pipe.
Datas above are only for reference,if you want to know more details, please click here to contact us.
1. Prepare groove pipe sections, fittings and accessories that meet the requirements.
2. Check whether the rubber sealing ring is damaged and put it on the end of a steel pipe.
3. There should be a certain gap between the end and both ends of the steel pipe close to the end and both ends of the pipe which has been covered with rubber sealing ring. The clearance shall meet the standard requirements.
4. Put the rubber seal ring on the end of another steel pipe, make the rubber seal ring in the middle of the interface, and apply lubricant on the same side.
5. Check the axis of the pipe.
6. Install upper and lower clamps on the outer side of rubber seal-ing ring at the interface position, and clip the collar convex edge into the groove.
7. Press the upper and lower clamp ears with hand force, tighten the collar of the clamp with a wooden hammer, and tighten the upper and lower clamps tightly.
8. At the clamp screw hole position, put on the studs and tighten the nuts evenly to prevent the rubber sealing ring from wrin-kling.
9. check and comfirm that the collar convex edge is clamped into the groove.
HangZhou Ruixuan pipeline equipment factory was founded in 1996.It is an excellent enterprise specializing in manufacturing and selling pipe fittings.It’s located in Xicun village ,HangZhou city,ZheJiang province ,the concentrated area of pipeline equipment industry in China.The company factory is located in Xicun town pipeline equipment industrial park.It covered an area of20000 square meters.
At present, the company has the production capacity of pipeline equipment with a maximum diameter of 4000mm, and its main products are: Steel expansion joint, flexible waterproof sleeve, large diameter flange, double flange force transfer expansion joint, large deflection loose sleeve compensation joint, spherical compensation joint, sleeve compensator, bellows compensator, non-metallic compensator, rubber expansion joint, DC medium no thrust sleeve compensator, flexible expansion pipe and other pipeline equipment. The annual production capacity is 30 million sets.
The flexible telescopic pipe equipment is mainly used in the pipeline crossing different geological structures under different conditions and the application of pipe installation drop, reduce or avoid the impact of geological settlement and crustal activity on the pipeline, so that the construction unit can save more than 50% of the cost when purchasing the equipment. The rubber expansion joint series products of the company, the maximum production diameter of 3600mm, have been applied in millions of units of thermal power projects in China for many times, and have been praised by the users.
The company passed ISO9001:2008 quality management system certification in 2009 and ISO14000:2004 environmental management system certification in 2009. The company has a strict quality control system, standard production process, standard factory inspection hand section, to ensure that every product meets the national standards and customer requirements.
Business philosophy: responsible production of products, return the trust of customers; To build a community with a sense of belonging and appreciate employees’ contributions; Make a contribution to the society of enterprises, give back to the good times. HangZhou Ruixuan pipeline equipment factory is willing to work with friends from all walks of life hand in hand, mutual support, create a better future!
Q:Can you make the product as per client’s requirement?
A:Yes, we can make it with your exact requirement.
Q:What are your payment terms?
A:T/T (30% as deposit, the rest 70% will be paid before delivery), L/C at sight.
Q:Where is your nearest loading port?
A:ZheJiang , HangZhou or ZheJiang , China.
Q:How can you guarantee the quality or any warranty?
A:If any quality problems during use, all the products can be returned or according to consumer’s requests.
Q:Do you accept small quantity order?
A:Of course we do.
Q:And what is your shipment and delivery time?
A:By sea or air. Normally 7 to 14 Days for delivery, according to your order quantity.
Can Rigid Couplings Be Used in Both Horizontal and Vertical Shaft Arrangements?
Yes, rigid couplings can be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements. Rigid couplings are designed to provide a solid, non-flexible connection between two shafts, making them suitable for various types of shaft orientations.
Horizontal Shaft Arrangements: In horizontal shaft arrangements, the two shafts are positioned parallel to the ground or at a slight incline. Rigid couplings are commonly used in horizontal setups as they efficiently transmit torque and maintain precise alignment between the shafts. The horizontal orientation allows gravity to aid in keeping the coupling elements securely in place.
Vertical Shaft Arrangements: In vertical shaft arrangements, the two shafts are positioned vertically, with one shaft above the other. This type of setup is often found in applications such as pumps, compressors, and some gearboxes. Rigid couplings can also be used in vertical shaft arrangements, but additional considerations must be taken into account:
- Keyless Design: To accommodate the vertical orientation, some rigid couplings have a keyless design. Traditional keyed couplings may experience issues with keyway shear due to the force of gravity on the key, especially in overhung load situations.
- Set Screw Tightening: When installing rigid couplings in vertical shaft arrangements, set screws must be tightened securely to prevent any axial movement during operation. Locking compound can also be used to provide additional security.
- Thrust Load Considerations: Vertical shaft arrangements may generate thrust loads due to the weight of the equipment and components. Rigid couplings should be chosen or designed to handle these thrust loads to prevent axial displacement of the shafts.
It’s essential to select a rigid coupling that is suitable for the specific shaft orientation and operating conditions. Proper installation and alignment are critical for both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements to ensure the rigid coupling’s optimal performance and reliability.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Rigid Coupling for a Specific System
Choosing the right rigid coupling for a specific system is crucial to ensure proper functionality and reliable performance. Several factors should be considered when making this decision:
1. Shaft Size and Compatibility: The most fundamental factor is ensuring that the rigid coupling is compatible with the shaft sizes of the connected components. The coupling should have the appropriate bore size and keyway dimensions to fit securely onto the shafts.
2. Operating Torque: Consider the torque requirements of the application. The rigid coupling should have a torque rating that exceeds the maximum torque expected during operation to prevent failures and ensure safety.
3. Speed: Determine the rotational speed (RPM) of the connected shafts. Rigid couplings have maximum RPM limits, and the selected coupling should be capable of handling the system’s operating speed.
4. Misalignment Tolerance: Assess the potential misalignment between the shafts. Rigid couplings provide no flexibility, so the system must have minimal misalignment to prevent excessive forces on the components.
5. Temperature and Environment: Consider the operating temperature range and the environment where the coupling will be used. Ensure the chosen material can withstand the temperature and any corrosive or harsh conditions present.
6. Space Limitations: Evaluate the available space for the coupling. Rigid couplings have a compact design, but ensure that there is enough clearance for installation and maintenance.
7. Backlash and Torsional Stiffness: In some precision systems, backlash must be minimized to maintain accurate positioning. Additionally, the torsional stiffness of the coupling can impact system response and stability.
8. Keyway or Keyless Design: Decide between a coupling with a keyway or a keyless design based on the specific application requirements and ease of installation.
9. Material Selection: Consider the material properties of the rigid coupling. Common materials include steel, stainless steel, and aluminum, each with its own advantages and limitations.
10. Maintenance: Determine the maintenance requirements of the coupling. Some couplings may need periodic lubrication or inspections, while others may be maintenance-free.
11. Cost: While cost should not be the sole consideration, it is essential to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of the coupling, taking into account its performance and longevity.
By carefully considering these factors, you can select the most suitable rigid coupling for your specific system, ensuring optimal performance, and longevity of your mechanical setup.
Types of Rigid Coupling Designs:
There are several types of rigid coupling designs available, each designed to meet specific application requirements. Here are some common types of rigid couplings:
- 1. Sleeve Couplings: Sleeve couplings are the simplest type of rigid couplings. They consist of a cylindrical sleeve with a bore in the center that fits over the shaft ends. The coupling is secured in place using setscrews or keyways. Sleeve couplings provide a solid and rigid connection between shafts and are easy to install and remove.
- 2. Clamp or Split Couplings: Clamp couplings, also known as split couplings, are designed with two halves that fit around the shafts and are fastened together with bolts or screws. The split design allows for easy installation and removal without the need to disassemble other components in the system. These couplings are ideal for applications where the shafts cannot be easily moved.
- 3. Flanged Couplings: Flanged couplings have flanges on each end that are bolted together to form a rigid connection. The flanges add stability and strength to the coupling, making them suitable for heavy-duty applications. They are commonly used in industrial machinery and equipment.
- 4. Tapered Couplings: Tapered couplings have a tapered inner diameter that matches the taper of the shaft ends. When the coupling is tightened, it creates a frictional fit between the coupling and the shafts, providing a rigid connection. These couplings are often used in applications where high torque transmission is required.
- 5. Marine or Clampshell Couplings: Marine couplings, also known as clampshell couplings, consist of two halves that encase the shaft ends and are bolted together. These couplings are commonly used in marine applications, such as propeller shafts in boats and ships.
- 6. Diaphragm Couplings: Diaphragm couplings are a type of rigid coupling that provides some flexibility to accommodate misalignment while maintaining a nearly torsionally rigid connection. They consist of thin metal diaphragms that transmit torque while compensating for minor shaft misalignments.
The choice of rigid coupling design depends on factors such as shaft size, torque requirements, ease of installation, and the level of misalignment that needs to be accommodated. It is essential to select the appropriate coupling design based on the specific needs of the application to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
editor by CX 2023-10-16