SWC Series Cardan Shaft Universal Coupling With Flange Diameter 550mm For Rolling Mill
Why choose us!
|structure||Type A||Flexible or Rigid||Rigid||Standard or Nonstandard||Standard|
|Materia||Alloy steel||Brand name||HangZhou XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS.||Place of origin||ZheJiang ,China|
|Model||SWC550A||materials of yokes||35CrMo||Length||customization|
|Flange DIA||550mm||Nominal torque||1000KN.m||coating||heavy duty industrial paint|
|Paint clour||customization||Application||Industrial machinery||OEM/ODM||Available|
|Certification||ISO,TUV,SGS||Price||calculate according to model||Custom service||Available|
Packaging & Delivery
Packaging details:Standard plywood case
Delivery detail: 15 -20 working days,depend on the actual produce condition
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer ?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing cardan shafts. We supply cardan shafts for the wholesalers , dealers and end-users from different countries.
Q: Can you do OEM? And what is your min order ?
A: Yes, absolutely. Generally, min order is1 set. Most of our products are Customized. Each order from our factory, we always produce cardan shaft after customer confirmed the drawing. So we didn’t have stock.
Q: How does your factory do regarding quality control?
A:Quality is priority! We always attach great importance to quality controlling from the very beginning to the end:
1) Firstly, we have QC department to control the quality
2) Secondly, we have all detailed records for nonconformity products, then we will make summary according to these records, avoid it happen again.
3) Thirdly,In order to meet world-class quality standards strict requirements, we passed the SGS, TUV product certification.
4)Fourthly,Have first-class production equipment, including CNC Machines and machining center.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Flange Coupling for a Specific System
When selecting a flange coupling for a specific system, several factors need to be taken into consideration to ensure optimal performance and reliability. Here are the key factors to consider:
- 1. Load and Torque Requirements: Determine the maximum load and torque that the flange coupling will experience in the application. This includes both static and dynamic loads. Select a flange coupling that can handle these loads without exceeding its rated capacity.
- 2. Shaft Diameter: Measure the diameter of the shafts that will be connected by the flange coupling. Ensure that the coupling’s bore size matches the shaft diameter to provide a proper fit and secure connection.
- 3. Misalignment Tolerance: Consider the amount of misalignment that the system may experience during operation. Flange couplings are available in different designs, and some can accommodate higher levels of misalignment than others. Choose a coupling that can handle the expected misalignment to prevent premature wear and stress on the system.
- 4. Operating Speed: Determine the rotational speed of the connected equipment. High-speed applications may require precision balancing and careful selection of materials to prevent issues like resonance and excessive vibration.
- 5. Environmental Conditions: Consider the environmental factors the flange coupling will be exposed to, such as temperature, humidity, dust, and chemicals. Choose a material and coating that can withstand the specific environmental conditions to prevent corrosion and degradation.
- 6. Space Limitations: Evaluate the available space for installing the flange coupling. Some applications may have limited space for coupling installation, requiring compact designs or custom solutions.
- 7. Serviceability: Assess the ease of installation and maintenance of the flange coupling. A coupling that is easy to install and service can reduce downtime and maintenance costs.
- 8. Compatibility: Ensure that the flange coupling is compatible with the equipment and shafts in the system. Consider factors such as keyways, set screws, and other connection methods.
- 9. Material Selection: Choose the appropriate material for the flange coupling based on factors like load, temperature, and corrosion resistance. Common materials include steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and various alloys.
- 10. Cost: Compare the cost of different flange coupling options, considering both the initial investment and long-term maintenance expenses. Balance the cost with the desired performance and reliability.
It is essential to consult with coupling manufacturers or industry experts to ensure the flange coupling’s suitability for the specific application. Properly selecting and installing the right flange coupling can contribute to the efficiency, reliability, and longevity of the connected machinery and system.
What Role Does a Flange Coupling Play in Minimizing Wear and Tear on Connected Components?
A flange coupling plays a critical role in minimizing wear and tear on connected components in rotating machinery. It accomplishes this by effectively transmitting torque between two shafts while accommodating misalignment and reducing the transmission of shock and vibration. Here’s how a flange coupling achieves these benefits:
- Misalignment Compensation: Flange couplings are designed to accommodate both angular and parallel misalignment between the shafts they connect. As machinery operates, shafts may experience slight misalignment due to thermal expansion, manufacturing tolerances, or other factors. The flexible nature of certain flange coupling designs allows them to compensate for these misalignments, preventing excessive stress on connected components that could lead to wear.
- Shock and Vibration Damping: Flange couplings help dampen shock and vibration during machinery operation. When a machine experiences sudden impacts or vibrations, the flexibility of some flange coupling types absorbs and disperses these forces. By reducing the transfer of shocks and vibrations to the connected components, flange couplings protect the machinery from excessive stress and premature wear.
- Smooth Torque Transmission: Flange couplings provide a smooth and reliable means of transmitting torque from one shaft to another. The secure connection between the two shafts ensures that torque is efficiently transmitted without slippage or sudden jolts. This smooth torque transmission helps prevent unnecessary wear on the shafts and other connected components.
- Reduced Maintenance: By minimizing wear and tear on connected components, flange couplings contribute to reduced maintenance requirements. When components experience less stress and wear, their lifespan is extended, resulting in fewer maintenance interventions and decreased downtime for repairs or replacements.
- Protection Against Overloads: In cases of sudden overloads or torque spikes, flange couplings can act as a safety feature by allowing some degree of slippage or disengagement. This protects the connected machinery from potential damage caused by excessive loads.
In summary, a flange coupling’s ability to compensate for misalignment, dampen shocks and vibrations, provide smooth torque transmission, and protect against overloads makes it a crucial component in minimizing wear and tear on connected machinery. By choosing the appropriate flange coupling design for a specific application, engineers can enhance the reliability and longevity of the entire system while reducing maintenance and downtime costs.
Materials Used in Manufacturing Flange Couplings
Flange couplings are manufactured using various materials, each offering specific properties and advantages. The choice of material depends on factors such as application requirements, environmental conditions, and cost considerations. Here are some commonly used materials in manufacturing flange couplings:
- 1. Steel: Steel is one of the most common materials for flange couplings. It offers excellent strength, durability, and resistance to wear. Steel couplings are suitable for a wide range of applications and can handle high torque and heavy loads.
- 2. Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is chosen for its superior corrosion resistance, making it ideal for applications where the coupling is exposed to moisture, chemicals, or aggressive substances. Stainless steel flange couplings are common in industries such as food processing, pharmaceuticals, and marine.
- 3. Cast Iron: Cast iron couplings are known for their excellent strength and vibration-damping characteristics. They are often used in industrial settings, including pumps, compressors, and conveyor systems.
- 4. Aluminum: Aluminum couplings are lightweight and suitable for applications where weight is a concern. They are commonly used in industries such as aerospace and automotive.
- 5. Brass: Brass couplings offer good corrosion resistance and electrical conductivity. They are used in specific applications that require these properties.
- 6. Bronze: Bronze couplings are valued for their high strength, corrosion resistance, and resistance to wear. They are commonly used in marine and heavy machinery applications.
- 7. Plastic: Plastic couplings, such as nylon or polyurethane, are used in applications where weight, non-conductivity, and chemical resistance are critical factors.
- 8. Composite Materials: Some modern flange couplings may use composite materials that combine different properties, such as strength, flexibility, and corrosion resistance.
When selecting the material for a flange coupling, it is essential to consider factors such as load capacity, temperature range, chemical exposure, and the specific demands of the application. Proper material selection ensures that the flange coupling performs optimally and has a long service life in its intended environment.
editor by CX 2023-08-02