SWC Series Cardan Shaft Universal Coupling With Flange Diameter 550mm For Rolling Mill
Why choose us!
|structure||Type A||Flexible or Rigid||Rigid||Standard or Nonstandard||Standard|
|Materia||Alloy steel||Brand name||HangZhou XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS.||Place of origin||ZheJiang ,China|
|Model||SWC550A||materials of yokes||35CrMo||Length||customization|
|Flange DIA||550mm||Nominal torque||1000KN.m||coating||heavy duty industrial paint|
|Paint clour||customization||Application||Industrial machinery||OEM/ODM||Available|
|Certification||ISO,TUV,SGS||Price||calculate according to model||Custom service||Available|
Packaging & Delivery
Packaging details:Standard plywood case
Delivery detail: 15 -20 working days,depend on the actual produce condition
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer ?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing cardan shafts. We supply cardan shafts for the wholesalers , dealers and end-users from different countries.
Q: Can you do OEM? And what is your min order ?
A: Yes, absolutely. Generally, min order is1 set. Most of our products are Customized. Each order from our factory, we always produce cardan shaft after customer confirmed the drawing. So we didn’t have stock.
Q: How does your factory do regarding quality control?
A:Quality is priority! We always attach great importance to quality controlling from the very beginning to the end:
1) Firstly, we have QC department to control the quality
2) Secondly, we have all detailed records for nonconformity products, then we will make summary according to these records, avoid it happen again.
3) Thirdly,In order to meet world-class quality standards strict requirements, we passed the SGS, TUV product certification.
4)Fourthly,Have first-class production equipment, including CNC Machines and machining center.
Proper Installation and Alignment of Flange Couplings
Installing and aligning a flange coupling properly is crucial to ensure its optimal performance and to prevent premature wear or failure. Here are the steps to follow for a successful installation:
- Prepare the Components: Before starting the installation, ensure that all the components, including the flange coupling, shafts, and fasteners, are clean and free from dirt or debris. Inspect the coupling for any visible damage or defects.
- Check Shaft Alignment: Verify the alignment of the shafts before installing the flange coupling. Misalignment can lead to increased stresses on the coupling and other connected equipment.
- Use Proper Lubrication: Apply the recommended lubricant to the contact surfaces of the flange coupling. Proper lubrication reduces friction and wear, enhancing the coupling’s lifespan.
- Align the Flange Coupling: Position the flange coupling between the shafts and ensure that the bolt holes are aligned with the corresponding holes in the shafts.
- Insert Fasteners: Insert the bolts or screws through the bolt holes and hand-tighten them. Avoid fully tightening any fasteners at this stage.
- Check Runout: Measure the runout of the coupling during rotation to verify that it is within acceptable limits. Excessive runout indicates a misaligned coupling.
- Properly Torque Fasteners: Using a torque wrench, tighten the fasteners in a cross-pattern to the manufacturer’s recommended torque values. This ensures even distribution of the load and prevents distortion of the flange coupling.
- Recheck Alignment: After torquing the fasteners, recheck the shaft alignment to ensure it has not shifted during the tightening process.
- Inspect the Assembly: Conduct a final visual inspection of the installed flange coupling and surrounding components to verify that everything is properly aligned and secured.
- Perform Test Run: Run the equipment with the newly installed flange coupling under no-load conditions initially to check for any unusual vibrations or noises.
- Monitor Performance: During the initial operation and throughout regular use, monitor the flange coupling’s performance and check for signs of wear, misalignment, or other issues.
Professional Installation: If you are unsure about the installation process or need to install a flange coupling in a complex system, consider seeking assistance from a qualified professional or coupling manufacturer’s technical support team. Proper installation is essential for ensuring the long-term reliability and performance of the flange coupling and the connected equipment.
How Does a Flange Coupling Help in Power Transmission Efficiency?
A flange coupling plays a crucial role in improving power transmission efficiency in mechanical systems. It efficiently transfers power from one shaft to another while maintaining the alignment and minimizing energy losses. Here’s how flange couplings contribute to power transmission efficiency:
1. Direct Power Transfer: Flange couplings provide a direct connection between the driving and driven shafts, ensuring a solid and reliable power transfer without the need for intermediate components. This direct coupling minimizes power losses that can occur in systems with multiple components and connections.
2. Rigid and Precise Connection: Rigid flange couplings offer a precise and firm connection between shafts, minimizing angular and parallel misalignments. By reducing misalignment, energy losses due to friction and vibrations are minimized, leading to more efficient power transmission.
3. Absence of Slippage: Flange couplings are designed to provide a secure and non-slip connection between shafts. Unlike some other coupling types that might experience slippage under heavy loads or during acceleration, flange couplings maintain constant power transmission without loss of torque.
4. High Load-Carrying Capacity: Flange couplings are capable of handling high torque and axial loads, making them suitable for heavy-duty applications. The ability to handle these loads without deformation ensures efficient power transmission even in demanding industrial settings.
5. Minimal Maintenance: Flange couplings are generally low-maintenance components. Once properly installed, they require minimal attention, reducing downtime and enhancing overall system efficiency.
6. Balancing and Vibration Damping: Some flange coupling designs, such as flexible and torsionally flexible couplings, provide additional benefits like vibration damping and torsional flexibility. These features help to absorb shocks and vibrations, ensuring a smoother power transmission and protecting connected equipment from damage.
7. Selection of Appropriate Flange Type: Choosing the right type of flange coupling for a specific application is crucial for optimal power transmission efficiency. Different flange designs offer varying levels of flexibility and alignment capabilities, allowing engineers to select the most suitable coupling based on the system requirements.
In summary, flange couplings facilitate efficient power transmission by maintaining alignment, reducing energy losses, and providing a robust and reliable connection between shafts. Properly selected and installed flange couplings help improve the overall efficiency and performance of mechanical systems.
How Do Flange Couplings Compare to Other Types of Couplings in Terms of Performance?
Flange couplings offer several advantages and disadvantages compared to other types of couplings, and their performance depends on the specific requirements of the application. Here’s a comparison of flange couplings with other common coupling types:
1. Flexible Couplings:– Misalignment Handling: Flexible couplings, such as elastomeric or jaw couplings, excel in handling shaft misalignment, both angular and axial. Flange couplings have limited misalignment accommodation compared to flexible couplings.- Vibration Damping: Flexible couplings can absorb and dampen vibrations, reducing the impact on connected equipment. Flange couplings, being rigid, provide less vibration dampening.- Load Capacity: Flange couplings can handle higher torque and loads due to their rigid design, making them suitable for heavy-duty applications. Flexible couplings have a lower torque and load capacity but offer other benefits.2. Gear Couplings:– Misalignment Handling: Gear couplings are capable of handling higher levels of misalignment, especially angular misalignment.- Load Capacity: Gear couplings are robust and can transmit high torque and handle heavy loads similar to flange couplings.- Complexity: Gear couplings have a more intricate design compared to flange couplings, which may result in higher manufacturing costs.3. Disc Couplings:– Misalignment Handling: Disc couplings can accommodate moderate misalignment, but they are not as effective as flexible couplings in this aspect.- Torsional Stiffness: Disc couplings offer high torsional stiffness, making them suitable for precise motion control applications.- Temperature Resistance: Disc couplings can withstand higher operating temperatures compared to some other coupling types.4. Fluid Couplings:– Slip Capability: Fluid couplings provide slip between input and output, allowing for smoother starts and reduced shock loads during acceleration.- Efficiency: Fluid couplings may introduce power losses due to fluid shear, resulting in lower efficiency compared to some other coupling types.In summary, flange couplings are ideal for applications requiring high torque transmission and rigid shaft connections. They are commonly used in industrial machinery, pumps, and compressors. However, for applications with misalignment issues, vibration concerns, or the need for torsional flexibility, other coupling types like flexible couplings or gear couplings might be more suitable. The choice of coupling depends on factors such as the specific application, misalignment, load requirements, and the desired level of vibration isolation or damping needed in the system.
editor by CX 2023-08-22