Steel flexible joint is also called clamp, open expansion joint, steel flexible pipe joint. Steel flexible joint is a kind of pipe connection, reliable performance, easy to install products. At low pressure, by the elastic deformation of the sealing ring, to achieve the purpose of sealing; When the pressure increases, the medium acts on the sealing ring to play the role of self-sealing, and there is a gap between the pipe ends to compensate for the displacement and deflection of the pipe caused by thermal expansion and cold contraction.
The working temperature of the clamp joint is generally -30ºC-+130ºC. The medium property is weak acid, weak alkali and lubricating oil range can be applied. If beyond the above range can also provide our company with the nature of the medium parameters or optional parameters or optional specified rubber ring material. In addition to the connection function, the joint can also provide compensation, withstand axial force, provide Angle, reduce vibration wave, adapt to the change of foundation.
The advantages of clamp joint:
1 Clamp joint has good continuity, will not produce distortion, easy to achieve the ideal laying state.
2 Clamp pipe joint in a free state, do not bear the weight of the pipe, not subjected to external shear, especially DN200 pipe diameter, more must consider the weight of the pipe.
3. It is easy to keep the coaxial position when installing the clamp joint to ensure the uneven distribution of the radial clearance between the inner diameter of the pipe clamp and the outer diameter of the pipe. The rubber ring will be deformed under high pressure due to the large local clearance, which will affect the sealing effect and even destroy the rubber ring.
4. It is suitable for the application in the subsidence zone, which can reduce the Angle between the pipe segments caused by the subsidence of the support pier.
5 is conducive to pipeline maintenance. Turn the pipe, save labor and effort when changing the pipe.
Datas above are only for reference,if you want to know more details, please click here to contact us.
1. Prepare groove pipe sections, fittings and accessories that meet the requirements.
2. Check whether the rubber sealing ring is damaged and put it on the end of a steel pipe.
3. There should be a certain gap between the end and both ends of the steel pipe close to the end and both ends of the pipe which has been covered with rubber sealing ring. The clearance shall meet the standard requirements.
4. Put the rubber seal ring on the end of another steel pipe, make the rubber seal ring in the middle of the interface, and apply lubricant on the same side.
5. Check the axis of the pipe.
6. Install upper and lower clamps on the outer side of rubber seal-ing ring at the interface position, and clip the collar convex edge into the groove.
7. Press the upper and lower clamp ears with hand force, tighten the collar of the clamp with a wooden hammer, and tighten the upper and lower clamps tightly.
8. At the clamp screw hole position, put on the studs and tighten the nuts evenly to prevent the rubber sealing ring from wrin-kling.
9. check and comfirm that the collar convex edge is clamped into the groove.
HangZhou Ruixuan pipeline equipment factory was founded in 1996.It is an excellent enterprise specializing in manufacturing and selling pipe fittings.It’s located in Xicun village ,HangZhou city,ZheJiang province ,the concentrated area of pipeline equipment industry in China.The company factory is located in Xicun town pipeline equipment industrial park.It covered an area of20000 square meters.
At present, the company has the production capacity of pipeline equipment with a maximum diameter of 4000mm, and its main products are: Steel expansion joint, flexible waterproof sleeve, large diameter flange, double flange force transfer expansion joint, large deflection loose sleeve compensation joint, spherical compensation joint, sleeve compensator, bellows compensator, non-metallic compensator, rubber expansion joint, DC medium no thrust sleeve compensator, flexible expansion pipe and other pipeline equipment. The annual production capacity is 30 million sets.
The flexible telescopic pipe equipment is mainly used in the pipeline crossing different geological structures under different conditions and the application of pipe installation drop, reduce or avoid the impact of geological settlement and crustal activity on the pipeline, so that the construction unit can save more than 50% of the cost when purchasing the equipment. The rubber expansion joint series products of the company, the maximum production diameter of 3600mm, have been applied in millions of units of thermal power projects in China for many times, and have been praised by the users.
The company passed ISO9001:2008 quality management system certification in 2009 and ISO14000:2004 environmental management system certification in 2009. The company has a strict quality control system, standard production process, standard factory inspection hand section, to ensure that every product meets the national standards and customer requirements.
Business philosophy: responsible production of products, return the trust of customers; To build a community with a sense of belonging and appreciate employees’ contributions; Make a contribution to the society of enterprises, give back to the good times. HangZhou Ruixuan pipeline equipment factory is willing to work with friends from all walks of life hand in hand, mutual support, create a better future!
Q:Can you make the product as per client’s requirement?
A:Yes, we can make it with your exact requirement.
Q:What are your payment terms?
A:T/T (30% as deposit, the rest 70% will be paid before delivery), L/C at sight.
Q:Where is your nearest loading port?
A:ZheJiang , HangZhou or ZheJiang , China.
Q:How can you guarantee the quality or any warranty?
A:If any quality problems during use, all the products can be returned or according to consumer’s requests.
Q:Do you accept small quantity order?
A:Of course we do.
Q:And what is your shipment and delivery time?
A:By sea or air. Normally 7 to 14 Days for delivery, according to your order quantity.
How Does a Rigid Coupling Protect Connected Equipment from Shock Loads and Vibrations?
Rigid couplings play a crucial role in protecting connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations by providing a direct and rigid connection between the shafts. The design and properties of rigid couplings contribute to their ability to mitigate the impact of shock loads and vibrations in the following ways:
– High Stiffness: Rigid couplings are constructed from materials with high stiffness, such as steel or aluminum. This high stiffness allows them to resist deformation and bending under load, ensuring that the coupling remains stable and maintains its shape. As a result, the shock loads and vibrations are not amplified or transferred to the connected equipment.
– Immediate Torque Transmission: Rigid couplings provide immediate torque transmission between the shafts without any backlash or play. When the connected machinery experiences a sudden shock load, the rigid coupling effectively transfers the torque to the other side of the coupling without delay. This rapid and precise torque transfer prevents the shock load from causing misalignment or damaging the equipment.
– Elimination of Damping: Unlike flexible couplings, which can dampen vibrations to some extent, rigid couplings do not have any damping properties. While damping can be beneficial in certain applications, it can also allow vibrations to persist, potentially affecting the performance and reliability of the connected equipment. Rigid couplings do not introduce any additional damping, ensuring that the vibrations are not prolonged.
– Stable Connection: Rigid couplings create a stable and unyielding connection between the shafts, limiting any relative movement. This stability prevents the propagation of vibrations from one shaft to another, reducing the potential for resonance and vibration amplification.
– Minimal Maintenance: Rigid couplings require minimal maintenance due to their simple and durable design. Unlike flexible couplings that may have wear-prone elements, rigid couplings do not have parts that need regular replacement. This reliability and low maintenance contribute to their ability to provide continuous protection against shock loads and vibrations.
In applications where shock loads and vibrations are prevalent, using a rigid coupling can help protect critical machinery and components from damage and premature failure. By providing a rigid and immediate torque transmission, rigid couplings effectively isolate the connected equipment from the harmful effects of shock loads and vibrations, ensuring smooth operation and enhanced reliability.
How Does a Rigid Coupling Handle Angular, Parallel, and Axial Misalignment?
Rigid couplings are designed to provide a fixed and rigid connection between two shafts. As such, they do not have any built-in flexibility to accommodate misalignment. Therefore, when using a rigid coupling, it is essential to ensure proper shaft alignment to avoid excessive forces and premature wear on connected equipment.
Angular Misalignment: Angular misalignment occurs when the axes of the two shafts are not collinear and form an angle with each other. Rigid couplings cannot compensate for angular misalignment, and any angular misalignment should be minimized during installation. Precision alignment techniques, such as laser alignment tools, are often used to achieve accurate angular alignment.
Parallel Misalignment: Parallel misalignment, also known as offset misalignment, happens when the axes of the two shafts are parallel but have a lateral displacement from each other. Rigid couplings cannot accommodate parallel misalignment. Therefore, precise alignment is crucial to prevent binding and excessive forces on the shafts and bearings.
Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment occurs when the two shafts have an axial (longitudinal) displacement from each other. Rigid couplings cannot address axial misalignment. To prevent thrust loads and additional stresses on bearings, it is essential to align the shafts axially during installation.
In summary, rigid couplings are unforgiving to misalignment and require precise alignment during installation. Any misalignment in a rigid coupling can lead to increased wear, premature failure of components, and reduced overall system efficiency. Therefore, it is crucial to use appropriate alignment techniques and tools to ensure optimal performance and longevity of the connected equipment.
Materials Used in Manufacturing Rigid Couplings:
Rigid couplings are designed to provide a strong and durable connection between two shafts, and they are commonly made from a variety of materials to suit different applications. The choice of material depends on factors such as the application’s environment, load capacity, and cost considerations. Some common materials used in manufacturing rigid couplings include:
- 1. Steel: Steel is one of the most widely used materials for rigid couplings. It offers excellent strength, durability, and resistance to wear. Steel couplings are suitable for a wide range of applications, including industrial machinery, automotive systems, and power transmission.
- 2. Stainless Steel: Stainless steel couplings are used in applications where corrosion resistance is crucial. They are well-suited for environments with high humidity, moisture, or exposure to chemicals. Stainless steel couplings are commonly used in food processing, pharmaceuticals, marine, and outdoor applications.
- 3. Aluminum: Aluminum couplings are known for their lightweight and corrosion-resistant properties. They are often used in applications where weight reduction is essential, such as aerospace and automotive industries.
- 4. Brass: Brass couplings offer good corrosion resistance and are commonly used in plumbing and water-related applications.
- 5. Cast Iron: Cast iron couplings provide high strength and durability, making them suitable for heavy-duty industrial applications and machinery.
- 6. Bronze: Bronze couplings are known for their excellent wear resistance and are often used in applications involving heavy loads and low speeds.
- 7. Plastics: Some rigid couplings are made from various plastics, such as nylon or Delrin. Plastic couplings are lightweight, non-conductive, and suitable for applications where electrical insulation is required.
It’s essential to consider the specific requirements of the application, including factors like load capacity, operating environment, and cost, when choosing the appropriate material for a rigid coupling. The right material selection ensures that the coupling can withstand the forces and conditions it will encounter, resulting in a reliable and long-lasting connection between the shafts.
editor by CX 2023-09-27