SWC Series Cardan Shaft Universal Coupling With Flange Diameter 550mm For Rolling Mill
Why choose us!
|structure||Type A||Flexible or Rigid||Rigid||Standard or Nonstandard||Standard|
|Materia||Alloy steel||Brand name||HangZhou XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS.||Place of origin||ZheJiang ,China|
|Model||SWC550A||materials of yokes||35CrMo||Length||customization|
|Flange DIA||550mm||Nominal torque||1000KN.m||coating||heavy duty industrial paint|
|Paint clour||customization||Application||Industrial machinery||OEM/ODM||Available|
|Certification||ISO,TUV,SGS||Price||calculate according to model||Custom service||Available|
Packaging & Delivery
Packaging details:Standard plywood case
Delivery detail: 15 -20 working days,depend on the actual produce condition
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer ?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing cardan shafts. We supply cardan shafts for the wholesalers , dealers and end-users from different countries.
Q: Can you do OEM? And what is your min order ?
A: Yes, absolutely. Generally, min order is1 set. Most of our products are Customized. Each order from our factory, we always produce cardan shaft after customer confirmed the drawing. So we didn’t have stock.
Q: How does your factory do regarding quality control?
A:Quality is priority! We always attach great importance to quality controlling from the very beginning to the end:
1) Firstly, we have QC department to control the quality
2) Secondly, we have all detailed records for nonconformity products, then we will make summary according to these records, avoid it happen again.
3) Thirdly,In order to meet world-class quality standards strict requirements, we passed the SGS, TUV product certification.
4)Fourthly,Have first-class production equipment, including CNC Machines and machining center.
Flange Couplings in Corrosive or Harsh Environments
Flange couplings can be used in a wide range of environments, including corrosive or harsh conditions, depending on the material and coating used in their construction. The choice of material is a critical factor in determining the suitability of a flange coupling for such environments.
Stainless steel flange couplings are commonly used in corrosive environments due to their high resistance to rust and corrosion. Stainless steel contains chromium, which forms a protective oxide layer on the surface, preventing the underlying metal from being exposed to corrosive elements.
In particularly aggressive or chemically harsh environments, super alloys or specialty materials like Hastelloy or Inconel may be used for flange couplings, providing even higher corrosion resistance and chemical stability.
In addition to material selection, certain coatings can further enhance the resistance of flange couplings to corrosive environments. For example, coatings like zinc plating or epoxy coatings can add an extra layer of protection against corrosion.
Sealing and Protection:
Flange couplings used in harsh environments may also incorporate specialized sealing elements to prevent the ingress of contaminants, moisture, or corrosive substances. Proper sealing can significantly extend the service life of the coupling and the connected equipment.
While flange couplings designed for harsh environments are built to withstand corrosive elements, regular maintenance is essential to ensure their optimal performance. Regular inspections, cleaning, and lubrication, as well as prompt replacement of any damaged components, are vital to maintaining the integrity and functionality of the coupling.
When using flange couplings in corrosive or harsh environments, it is essential to consider the specific requirements of the application. Factors such as the type and concentration of corrosive substances, temperature variations, and mechanical loads should be carefully assessed to select the most suitable flange coupling for the given environment.
Flange couplings can be engineered to withstand corrosive and harsh environments by using appropriate materials, coatings, and sealing techniques. With proper selection, installation, and maintenance, flange couplings can provide reliable and durable performance in challenging industrial settings.
Maintenance-Free Flange Couplings
Flange couplings can be designed to be maintenance-free, meaning they require minimal or no regular maintenance throughout their operational life. The key features and options that contribute to maintenance-free flange couplings include:
- Sealed and Lubricated: Some flange couplings are sealed and pre-lubricated with high-performance grease during the manufacturing process. This ensures that the coupling remains properly lubricated over an extended period, eliminating the need for routine lubrication.
- Self-Lubricating Materials: Certain flange couplings are constructed from self-lubricating materials, such as polymers or composites, that provide a low-friction interface between the mating surfaces. This reduces wear and eliminates the need for additional lubrication.
- Maintenance-Free Bearings: Flange couplings with integrated maintenance-free bearings further enhance the overall maintenance-free operation. These bearings are designed to withstand the required loads and provide long-lasting performance without the need for regular lubrication.
- Corrosion-Resistant Materials: Flange couplings made from corrosion-resistant materials, such as stainless steel or coated alloys, can resist environmental factors that might lead to corrosion and premature wear, resulting in extended maintenance intervals.
- Robust Design: A well-engineered flange coupling with a robust design can withstand harsh conditions, shock loads, and other stresses, reducing the likelihood of component failure and the need for maintenance.
It is essential to select a flange coupling that is specifically labeled as “maintenance-free” or “self-lubricating” by the manufacturer to ensure that it meets your maintenance objectives. However, it’s important to note that even maintenance-free flange couplings may still require periodic inspection to check for wear, alignment issues, or other potential problems.
What is a flange coupling and how does it work?
A flange coupling is a type of rigid coupling used to connect two shafts together in a mechanical system. It consists of two flanges, one on each shaft, which are bolted together to form a solid and robust connection. Flange couplings are widely used in applications where precise alignment, high torque transmission, and zero backlash are critical.
The key components of a flange coupling include:
- Flanges: The flanges are circular discs with holes around the perimeter for bolting them to the respective shaft ends. The flanges are made from materials such as steel, cast iron, or aluminum, depending on the application requirements.
- Fasteners: High-strength bolts or studs with nuts are used to fasten the flanges together securely. The number and size of the bolts depend on the size and torque capacity of the coupling.
- Gaskets: In some cases, gaskets or spacers are used between the flanges to provide insulation, prevent corrosion, or compensate for any slight misalignments between the shafts.
How a flange coupling works:
- The two shafts that need to be connected are brought together with their respective flanges facing each other.
- The flanges are aligned precisely to ensure that both shafts are in perfect axial alignment. Proper alignment is essential to prevent excessive loads on the bearings and to ensure efficient torque transmission.
- Once the flanges are aligned, high-strength bolts or studs are inserted through the holes in the flanges, and nuts are fastened tightly to hold the flanges together securely.
- The tight connection between the flanges creates a rigid joint between the shafts, allowing torque to be transmitted from one shaft to the other with minimal losses.
- Flange couplings are designed to have zero backlash, meaning there is no play or free movement between the shafts when the direction of rotation changes. This feature ensures precise and immediate power transmission between the connected shafts.
Flange couplings are commonly used in various industrial applications, including heavy machinery, pumps, compressors, and marine propulsion systems. They are preferred when a reliable, high-torque transmission with precise alignment is required. However, they do not offer flexibility to accommodate misalignment, which is a limitation compared to flexible couplings. Therefore, proper alignment during installation is critical to avoid premature wear and failure of the coupling and connected equipment.
editor by CX 2023-10-19